waynecrx's Content

There have been 2 items by waynecrx (Search limited from 01-July 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#28940 130 Hp Out Of A Ew?

Posted by waynecrx on 09 July 2003 - 01:19 PM in 3G Civic

QUOTE (sspcivic31 @ Jul 7 2003, 08:13 PM)
one of the problems in going with the it rules is that you are limited to a 13x7" wheel.
the best thing for you to do imo is to prep the suspension to the limit of the rules, fit 13x8 or 8.5" wheels and leave the motor alone for the first season or two. just get used to driving the car with the new suspension. spend the money(that would go to efi,pistons,etc) and attend an evolution driving school. and see just how fast your car will go with what is there already.

when you do set up a motor do it right and find a good engine builder(somebody with road race/autocross experience) and pay them accordingly to build you an engine to the rule set. this will cut out a ton of mistakes and what if's on the engine.
Don't be swayed to buy parts just cause everybody else has them. alot of that is just monkey see monkey do.

I know this does not really answer your original question, but imo is the best route to achieve your goals of a competitive csp car.(with out headaches and ALOT of wasted money)

Great advice for getting ino CSP.

#28938 130 Hp Out Of A Ew?

Posted by waynecrx on 09 July 2003 - 01:13 PM in 3G Civic

The ultimate set up is a 85 HF (1713lbs), with a si motor trasplant .40 over FI. If I was starting off I would start with the suspension. Torsion bars, coil overs, and adjustable shocks. I run 13x9s with Hoosier 225/50/13 on my CRX. I jumped in and bought a CSP car prepared already. The leader of CSP in Atlanta is said to run 106 hp at the wheels(Civic si) I have 92 at the wheels.