Neverion's Content

There have been 129 items by Neverion (Search limited from 28-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#524588 Neverion's 84 Hatch

Posted by Neverion on 13 July 2011 - 10:31 PM in Projects

Sorry to say this guys but she's junked. Motor blew holes as i was driving it on the freeway. No more updates.

#520492 Fuel Issues

Posted by Neverion on 04 May 2011 - 12:37 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (letank @ Apr 30 2011, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so did you try to plug the egr valve hose?

arrrrgh, may be the fuel supply is erratic.... this is a tough one, I have some issues too.... so I was thinking of putting a video camera pointed at the fuel level sight window with an extra light to see what is happening.... otherwise connecting a fuel pressure gauge with a long extension .... so the gauge would be visible.... I need to find a preexisting hole in the firewall....

i did not try plugging the hose going to the EGR no, instead i removed the old EGR and sucked on it and it had a leak. The fuel gauge is fine because its always correct. The only thing i can think of now is that its in the carb.

#520266 Fuel Issues

Posted by Neverion on 30 April 2011 - 10:35 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (letank @ Apr 26 2011, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The book does not have too much on the carb. I got a spare carb at the junkyard to see how it works. That cotter pin for the choke is tiny and there is a small washer that ride against the cotter pin. The screws of the carb top are really tight, so you may need an impact driver to avoid stripping the head of the screws which are of different heights.

I did not know about the internal filter... I guess I will try to take a few picts and post them later. To get to that mesh fuel filter you need to pull the swing arm of the float and break the post that are holding them, very common disaster on the motorcycle forums.

But at this point dismantling the carb is more an annoyance, there is the secondary fuel filter before the carb, and that is usually the best defense.

So lets try to see an easier fix, the once that can be done in 1 minute.... disconnect and plug the hose at the EGR valve with a golf T of a big nail, or appropriate screwdriver.....

Already replace the EGR because the old one was bad. IT seems if its either leaning out or becoming entirely too rich.

#519963 Fs: Rhd Swapped 85 Civic Lx Hatch

Posted by Neverion on 26 April 2011 - 11:19 AM in FS

if i had the money to buy and ship it, i would totally get it. I could use my car as a donor too.

#519962 Side Exit Exhaust

Posted by Neverion on 26 April 2011 - 10:55 AM in General Posts

I was mainly going for price tongue.gif out here an OEM exhaust is $300 to buy from a store and i paid $225 for just piping and $20 for the cherry bomb.

#519960 Fuel Issues

Posted by Neverion on 26 April 2011 - 10:50 AM in General Posts

Fuel pump works correctly because i tested it like in the book and it does the spurts of gas and not a dribble, but idk if i does a whole 2 liter in 30 seconds. Ill look into both of these things to get it working properly thanks for the feedback.

#519937 Awesome Find

Posted by Neverion on 25 April 2011 - 11:27 PM in General Posts

I just put this in here cuz it so hard to find down here in san diego. I would get a bigger motor if i could but EVERYONE gets the B20s and all of those motors in a heartbeat. Thats why i would settle for a B16 or B18 because i have the 1.3l carb that still hauls pretty good. Also for a little laugh around here someone at my school thought i bought the LL0 engine for my civic when its for my saturn lol. He was like isnt it all backwards and stuff?

#519935 Overhead Rear Strut Bar Build And V Brace

Posted by Neverion on 25 April 2011 - 11:24 PM in General Posts

How about this instead of bolting the bottom bar into the sides where the struts are, make it a semi circular or full circle bolt patter around the existing area so its higher and on a more stable point and so it doesnt bend the metal from too much flex? just a question if that would be better.

#519933 Side Exit Exhaust

Posted by Neverion on 25 April 2011 - 11:20 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (Jayscrx @ Apr 24 2011, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Give Borla a shot. They make very nice stainless mufflers. I would go with 2 inch tubing, this should give you more bottom end to mid range power which is what you need for auto cross.

Jay V.

Exactly what he said. Im running a 2" on my 3G right now with a cherry bomb tip and its pretty low key too. I think im running max 70 Db.

#519931 Fuel Issues

Posted by Neverion on 25 April 2011 - 11:18 PM in General Posts

Actually it came back. So either its the carb itself or it has to be something in the tank. Because if im right the only fuel pump on the carbed ones are mechanical and near the carb?

#519929 I Think My Crx Has A Cold

Posted by Neverion on 25 April 2011 - 11:15 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (zakats @ Apr 25 2011, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this.

btw, you're welcome to my 13's whenever you want to come and get them- if we don't work out a trade, you can just have them. It would be good to clear some space in the garage.

what is "this?"

#519928 Awesome Find

Posted by Neverion on 25 April 2011 - 11:11 PM in General Posts

Dude i wish i had an AE86 i saw one for like 3000 in my area. I would love to get a B16 or B20 for my car, and the price is very good i would just need to know shipping dates if and when i have the time because im in SD and i could drive to L.A. for a motor.

#519829 Side Exit Exhaust

Posted by Neverion on 24 April 2011 - 06:53 PM in General Posts

I had a 2.25 catback magnaflow straight through exhaust and came out with only 88 Db in a 1.9l DOHC. So i think you might be ok.

#519828 I Think My Crx Has A Cold

Posted by Neverion on 24 April 2011 - 06:34 PM in General Posts

what did you order to fix that. My 3G sounds like that when idling also.

#519786 Fuel Issues

Posted by Neverion on 23 April 2011 - 10:16 PM in General Posts

Found my problem. There were three fuel filters on my car because the guy i bought it from was a lazy ass and didnt find the time to look for the one near the gas tank AND the old one was backwards.

#519785 Awesome Find

Posted by Neverion on 23 April 2011 - 10:13 PM in General Posts

Yeah i almost bought it too because it was is nice shape.

#519754 Kakkaburra's Tuning Day! 1 Car - 2 Drivers

Posted by Neverion on 22 April 2011 - 11:13 PM in General Posts

Great sounding CRX man lol, this makes me want to do a video of my local canyon smile.gif Lets just say i wish i had the money to have a little race car.

#519752 Awesome Find

Posted by Neverion on 22 April 2011 - 11:02 PM in General Posts

So i was going through all the junkyards in chula vista and i wanted to see if i could find any type of used honda motor for a swap and a guy suggested an h22 and i laughed at him and then he was like of your one of those guys and showed me an amazing near mint SOHC ZC for $400 running out of an 88 CRX. I was blown away and almost walked away with it, but in the end i bought a saturn motor cuz i needed that more. But geez man and they thought they had a DOHC ZC and i was like god please let them have one, but someone snagged that one. If anyone wants to know where its at just ask ill letcha know wink.gif

#519677 Engine Oil ?

Posted by Neverion on 21 April 2011 - 03:45 PM in General Posts

1) 1984 Civic
2) 1.5 Carbed about 233k + miles on a supposedly rebuilt motor which i think is a lie.
3) Castol Syntec along with Lucas oil additive for extra protection.
4) 20W-50
5) Because of the mileage and well i trust castrol more than valvoline that my dad uses and its what the guy that i bought it from used.

#519674 Fuel Issues

Posted by Neverion on 21 April 2011 - 03:26 PM in General Posts

No im saying my motor was out almost 180 degrees and the timing marks are on top now tongue.gif basically my car would have gone bad way sooner ifi hadnt changed the timing belt and found out the guy put his own timing mark on it. Yeah i also notice when it drives even when warm it has fuel cut out when accelerating. Oh and the thing where it starts is when it hasnt been started that day so yeah cold. Ummm i replaced the gasket on the base of the carb, and i think the gasket in the middle of the carb is bad and i have been thinking of switching to fuel injection because im tired of all the carb problems ive had.

#519266 5th Annual Bakersfield Meet

Posted by Neverion on 17 April 2011 - 12:56 AM in Meets

I might try and make it, this will be my first time. I live waaaaay down in san diego though. I would be driving my hatch.

#519265 Shuttle Suspension Question

Posted by Neverion on 17 April 2011 - 12:53 AM in 3G Civic

Sorry about the double post, but i also forgot that bad tie rod ends= shaking under acceleration and you need to get your alignment redone because i had the same problem with my 3g hatch. I got lucky and found a place that does alignment for $45. Also check your tires before going to the alignment shop they might send you home if theyre in bad shape.

#519264 Shuttle Suspension Question

Posted by Neverion on 17 April 2011 - 12:50 AM in 3G Civic

The tie rod ends are extremely cheap like 5 dollars each. Now if its the arms theyre alittle more expensive.

#519219 Fuel Issues

Posted by Neverion on 16 April 2011 - 02:18 PM in General Posts

Fuel seems kinda low on the start as it will start then shut off multiple times without any throttle.

#519217 Jdm Cr-x Advertisements

Posted by Neverion on 16 April 2011 - 02:15 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (Tim @ Apr 11 2011, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make sure to check out his video of his CRX.

It is indeed SICK.

70 in second gear, and an approx 8400rpm redline??

DAMN!

Lol if you want to do 70 in second gear get the 84 3G civic 4 speed. Idk what third goes to never tried it.