• You cannot reply to this topic
36 replies to this topic

Tim

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si
Hello everyone...

Some of you have probably read my threads about this little jem. It is with a heavy heart I have decided to sell it, as I have been out of work for about a month, with no opportunities in sight. Plus, having a CT scan on my liver, and God knows what that is gonna cost.

Here are the details..

Black, rust-free 1987 CRX, raced in SCCA by Mr. Kitchens from Georgia, obtained Jan '09. He had 12k in the car (had ALL his receipts) and did much of the build himself, as he has a transmission shop, I think it was.

D16, bored .40 over, with domed pistons (10 to 1 compression)
Milled head
ARP Head Studs
Throttle body very heavily bored
Port and polished head, intake
BRAND NEW Felpro head gasket
Koni double adjustable shocks, 300 lb coilovers in back
Acura disc brakes, front and back
new rear pads
Turbo exhaust (I'm told its like a glasspack...not obnoxious, rather sweet sounding note)
DC headers
Jackson racing cams (.395)
Nitrous Express tank, heater, custom switch panel (set for 50 hp shot, can go to 75)
Braille-made racing battery
lightened flywheel
Acura axle on one side, rebuilt crx on other (that's what Kitchens told me)
Acura LSD
POWER STEERING!
Riding on 15'' Panther trispokes, 195x50 Yokohamas (with only 4k on them)
Recently had entire exhaust gone over, replaced flex coupling (about 4 months ago)
LX fifth gear, gets 37 mpg if you keep your foot outta it.
Powdercoated valve cover and intake
Brand new royal purple in oil pan, and brand new radiator fluid
7/8 master cylinder (from 85 prelude, I think) which if I remember, is bigger than the stock 13/16
Larger prop valve (to help stop car, as well...stops on a dime!)
Bought bushings from Energy suspension, only to have my mechanic say the ones I had were ..nylon? I forget, anyway he said it was pointless to replace them.
JDM '88 drivers side seat (comfy, and firm)
Momo steering wheel
a/c delete for weight reduction
Alpine Alarm/remote start (currently disengaged)
Brand new starter, alternator belt, and power steering belt (put on last week)

Included in the sale is Energy Suspension shifter bushings...She don't need em, and neither do I.

Also, a distributor and those lightened springs I never got around to putting on. Thanks anyway, Scott!

This car is an absolute blast. Cylinder pressure measured by my mechanic was 225 to 235 per cylinder!

I never took it to the track. Has been under a tarp most of the 2 years I've had it.

Kitchens put 12k into the initial build. I have put about 1500 in it myself, some of that being the new head gasket and studs.

As you can see, she ain't lackin' a thing. Just needs a home. I'm sick to my stomach as I write this.

Motor had 16k when I bought it, now has 20k. Frame has 235k.

Asking 4500. Please don't bother dickering. I know what I need out of it, and I didn't wanna go that low.

I appreciate anyone looking. Thank you.

Here is a link to my flickr account. Watch the vids, see what you think.

http://www.flickr.co...s/50862751@N04/

almost forgot...you can call me anytime at 1-270-893-4267, pm me here, or email me at [email protected]
Cannot drive with the window up

1goldteg

• Habanero Pepper
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 92 Integra GS-R , 85 Turbo CRX Si -Stolen 09/07
sexy! reminds me of my old beastie unsure.gif

If I had the funds she would be here in Orlando in a heart beat. GLWS

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Good luck. I'm with you on medical costs, I have some coming as well. Good luck. Mine is on the chopping block too..

Tim

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
It hurts. Don't wanna close this chapter of my life, cause these are not scarce around these parts, they are extinct.

Thanks men. I appreciate it.

Tim

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
Well, a year later, and a full reworking of the head, torsion tubes rewelded in place, undercoating professionally applied underneath, and new upper/lower tie rods.

Still willing to sell it to a pepper who will love it and take care of it.

Will take 3500 for my rust-free lil' Rex.

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2004 Subaru FXT
Change of heart?
Posted Image

mallardtape

Its sad to see you let it go after you just got it back. GLWS!

Tim

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (E-Man @ Feb 5 2012, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Change of heart?

Yes, and no. I'm about to explain..

QUOTE (mallardtape @ Feb 5 2012, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its sad to see you let it go after you just got it back. GLWS!

Yeah, I feel that way too. Gentlemen, I have really enjoyed this website, and the whole CRX experience. First, I'm the kind of guy who wants things to be used, not to just sit around. Example...I GAVE a pair of vintage Advent speakers to a friend(totally restored, and gorgeous) simply because they were sitting around. Could've Ebay'ed them and gotten a couple bills, but why not share the love?

I'm not fielding any silly offers, and I won't sell to some dumb kid looking to wrap his silly anus around a telephone pole.

I don't have mechanic skills. I don't have a carport. Hell, I don't even have a good shady spot.

I like to think I rescued this car from J. Kitchen's garage, sitting there unloved and unused. He felt the same...told me he hated seeing it just SIT. Man had lotsa toys, so I understand.

I've taken it as far as I can, which really isn't far, lol. About 3500 bucks I've put into it, just rough estimate.

It would please me to no end to see it go to one of you guys who will properly carry it into the next decade. Otherwise, I'll be keeping it.

Just returned from a 20 mile jaunt. God, nothing LIKE these little cars, and this one especially. Pulls hard in FOURTH!

Anyway, lotta love to all here. Thanks everyone. tongue.gif

Smokescreem

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 CRX SI ,2004 CRV EX, 1968 VW BUG, 1955 Porsche Speedster replica
    Garage View Garage
Am sorry things are not going so well for you bro. Things will turn around sooner then later. Wow I really would like to jump on this sell. I have to think . The price is right. Thats for sure. Your about 10 hours away. No rust to ..

Tim

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
Smokescreem, I would be more than happy to sell to a fellow pepper. Not even bothering posting it around here.

Actually, it isn't eating anything, so I'm sorta just looking for a home for it. No rush.

I do have to post that the power steering rack started leaking, so I took off the belt. Otherwise, runs fantastic.

I finally figured out why the starter occasionally bucks and kicks. Apparently, if you have a built engine with domed, high compression pistons, regular starters can sometimes have trouble, or at least thats what I heard.

I know nothing. tongue.gif

Do you live in Alabama, smokescreem? Cause that isn't 10 hours away. It was not quite 5 hours to Alexander City, alabama. (had an ex there.....too much distance....years later she married a guy 10 miles down the road here in Ky!. Ain't that some shit?)

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
Assuming its still for sale, I may have an interest in a couple months. I willl keep an eye on this ad. It would be a nice addition to my CRX stable, and an epic roadtrip to fly down and get it and drive it back!

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

Tim

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
She is still for sale. Still got that old fella wanting me to buy his Acura, so time is of the essence, haha. Just kidding....can't spend 13 grand for a Type R, regardless of the condition.

Some photos of my lil Rex...

Posted Image
Photo094 by onwardjames, on Flickr

Posted Image
Photo075 by onwardjames, on Flickr

Tim

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
Man, does my life get weirder....just had my pickup truck firebombed! This is no shit. Walked outside, neighbors were there saying "your truck is on fire".

After getting fire put out, two houses down another fire breaks out, this time, an actual home. Some firebug has gone apeshit in my town.

Truck is ruined. Does it get stranger than this?

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
cant afford, but would love to see more pics, especially of the interior.

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

Tim

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
Okay, she's back in the shop, trying to figure out where the oil leak is coming from. I'm thinking one of those rings went bang awhile back. Anyway, got it apart and if it IS rings, I'm thinking some of those zero-gap rings.....anyone have any experience with those?