Non Crx Competition - Kart League Racing

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

Andy69

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members

New track opened this spring in Villonia Arkansas.

Heading there tomorrow early for league racing.  
Made one race last season, started pretty far back in the field due to a poor qualifier but managed to move up to 13th in a 20 driver field by the end of the main.  Hope to do a little better this time.  It usually takes me a few tries to get the track right.

Last season was thursday evenings, making the 3 hour run from Memphis pretty tiring.  Saturdays only require me getting up at 5 which I do anyway most days.

CSPCRX

What type of Kart do you race?  Did a mini enduro, work team building event, years ago in basic karts.  The shifter karts look like an absolute blast!

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (HPDE-4 NASA & TA-AB Time Attack)

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Andy69

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members

What type of Kart do you race?  Did a mini enduro, work team building event, years ago in basic karts.  The shifter karts look like an absolute blast!

They are just basic Sodi rental karts.  Pretty slow so momentum is important.  I've done a few enduros too.  Endurance Karting uses karts that are a bit faster.  DKC has some considerably faster rental karts but you have to qualify with a certain lap time in the rental karts before they'll let you drive one.

I've never driven a shifter kart but I've driven a KA100 and it's fast.

Edited by Andy69, 21 June 2024 - 03:59 PM.